Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was blissfully uneventful. After last year we needed that. Collin and I got up early and went to Grammy and Grampa's to make the stuffing and help get the turkey in the oven. I made mimosas (but not for Collin of course) and Mom and Dad made kielbasa and cinnamon buns which is our traditional Thanksgiving breakfast. Tim and Nick slept in but got there in time to watch most of the parade with us. Aunt Bella and Uncle Max were also there and once again we watched the Dog Show after the parade despite all of us denying that we actually wanted to watch it. Its become another family tradition. We were all hoping that the Westie or the Keeshond would win best in their category but no such luck. There are so many things I'm thankful for this year. First and foremost is that Collin is completely fine after the accident last year. I still get really upset every time I think about it. I'm also thankful for my wonderful husband and my beautiful children and all of our family because I don't know what I would ever do without them. I am thankful for all of the people in my life and I know I don't say it often enough but you are all really special to me. I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving and that this holiday season brings nothing but joy and goodwill to all.

No comments: