Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Potty Training

I had a glimmer of hope that Nick was ready to start potty training yesterday. It got really quiet yesterday after we got home so I went upstairs to investigate. I found Nick standing in his doorway with both legs in one side of a pair of underwear. He had discarded his diaper and informed me he was a big boy he was going to wear underwear. So I helped him fix his underwear so they were on properly and he kept them on until it was time to change for swim lessons. I had to do a lot of coaxing to get him into a swim diaper. I had to promise that he could put his underwear back on as soon as swim lessons were over. He used the bathroom a couple of different times and seems to have remained dry overnight. He wore his underwear over his diaper to daycare today but absolutely refused to use the potty. He didn't use it tonight either. I think when we get home in the afternoons I'm going to take off his diaper and put on some underwear and take it from there. The only thing I know for sure is that he will do it on his terms. He certainly isn't going to do it because I'm sick of buying diapers but since the sitter and I are both in need of diapers this would be an awesome time for him to decide he's ready.

No comments: