Sunday, March 16, 2008
I paid for my night out
Saturday night I went to a Pampered Chef party with my sister. I was looking forward to a few hours out of the house without the kids and practically skipped out the door when it was time to go because I'd been with them non stop since I picked them up after work Friday afternoon. Tim went to a concert with his friends Friday night and then needed to study on Saturday before I left. They were pretty well behaved for the most part but there is a lot of whining and bickering that goes on and sometimes I get tired of being the referee. Friday night I took the boys over to my parents on the spur of the moment because my sister was stopping by with her new puppy. The boys loved her and she was very good with them as well. So we stayed there pretty late and fortunately the boys took pitty on me and slept until 7 on Saturday which is absolutely unheard of. After we got up and ate breakfast we played for a while and then Nick took a nap and Tim came down to play with them so I could get a shower. Then the boys ate lunch and played while Tim studied until it was time for me to leave. The party was fun. I can't wait to get my new stuff but I got a sort of panicked call towards the end of it. It took me 3 calls before I even realized it was my phone ringing. When I answered it was Tim and he wanted to know where Collin's diapers were. OOPS! They were in the back of my car. We've been putting him in underwear and I hadn't brought them in yet because I didn't realize we were so close to being out. We got back to my mom's about 7 o'clock and I called Tim back to see how he was doing. He'd put Collin in underwear and vinyl training pants and both boys were in bed already. Collin had practically begged to go to sleep (completely unheard of). Tim was going to study again and so I stayed at my Mom's with my sister and had a really nice evening just the three of us. I got home around 10:30 and I heard Collin saying "Mommy's Home!". It turns out I walked in just after he'd finished puking his guts up so I was just in time to help Tim clean up. I took Collin and got him a bath and brushed his teeth. By the time we finished with that, Tim had his bed changed and ready to go so we put him back to bed. Collin really wanted some water and my first instinct was to say no but then I thought since he'd puked maybe he could use some fluids so I caved and let him have it. Bad idea. Maybe a half and hour to an hour later he puked again. We had a repeat of the earlier procedure and got him back to bed, this time without the water. An hour and a half later I heard horrible coughing and raced it to get him. He hadn't puked this time but said he felt like he had to so we ran to the bathroom and sat over the toilet. Nothing happened and he began to feel better and asked to go back to bed. An hour and a half later we did it all over again. Then at 4:30 I heard him again but this time Tim got with him this time since he had to get up and be at work by 7 anyway. Fortunately my boys then both slept until 8 am. Nick must have been really tired too because he never ever sleeps that long. Collin seemed fine all day long until he woke up from a nap at 5. He felt warm and wasn't himself. He was just laying on the couch watching TV. Pretty soon though he started feeling better again and has been fine ever since. I sincerely hope we don't have a repeat of last night because I'm exhausted and I just want a decent nights sleep. Neither Tim or I is feeling very well at the moment. We've probably caught whatever Collin had. I will not get sick though. I don't have time for it. Let's just hope that Nick doesn't catch it. Whatever it is that we've caught, it's nasty.
Labels:
Collin,
sick,
Things I hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally understand about being exhausted, trust me! Wednesday night I was up all night in the ER. Thursday night I set my alarm for every 3 hours to get up and give Kylie more meds, Friday night it was every three hours. Last night she was doing better, but I still set my alarm for 2am when the I could give her more Motrin. Good thing she didn't need it because I shut off the alarm and went back to sllep. I woke up at 3:45 in a panic, convinced that her temp was through the roof again, but of course, it wasn't. Then she was up at 6 to eat. I've had a fierce headache all day. and when she decided at 10:00 am that she wanted to sleep, I set the TV up for Gabe, amde sure he had a drink, told him to get a lunchable from the fridge when he got hungry and went to bed too!
Post a Comment