Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mmmm.. Yummy!

I love mashed potatoes. I grew up eating them almost every night and they were always homemade, never from a box. I've tried instant mashed potatoes and they're just gross. That being said, I was in Costco with the boys the other day and they had free samples of Paradise Valley Creamy Mash Potatoes. Nick was mad because Collin was eating something I couldn't share with him when we passed them so I picked up a cup knowing that Nick loves mashed potatoes and it was sure to quiet him down. I was right. He LOVED them and boy was he mad when they were gone. I went back and got a second cup so I could try them too. They are really good! I bought a box, I think I paid $8 and change for 16 bags that serve 8 each. OK, in my house no one eats just a half cup of mashed potatoes but it does easily serve the four of us with some left over. They are the closest thing I've ever had to homemade from a box. At less than a dollar for each bag, they're cheaper than buying a bag of potatoes and the best part is they take less than 5 minutes to make! If you make them the low fat way (without all the yummy butter and milk) its 80 calories per serving and only half a gram of fat. With all the butter and milk its 140 calories. I don't eat mashed potatoes very often any more but this is a quick and yummy option to keep on hand.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I need to try them!!! I've never been a fan of instant either...

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

For soem goofy reason Paul PREFERS instant potatoes, so I'll have to look for those!