Saturday, March 8, 2008

Simple Pleasures...

This morning we took the boys to Bob Evan's for breakfast. They were well behaved and at like there was no tomorrow. I ordered Collin the Plenty of Pancakes breakfast which came with 5 silver dollar pancakes and a sausage link. Knowing his passion for sausage, I also got an extra order of them because one is never, ever enough and I intended to eat mine. I gave Nick 2 of Collin's pancakes and cut up Collin's sausage link for him. Nick wolfed down the pancakes and a biscuit off of Tim's plate while Collin chowed down on his sausage and a biscuit from my plate. I cut up the other 3 sausages I ordered and the rest of the pancakes. Collin at the sausage and Nick at the pancakes. It was just a really nice morning out with my family. After breakfast, we went grocery shopping together and the boys were, once again, extremely well behaved. I took Tim home so he could put away the groceries and get ready for work and took the boys to BJ's to get diapers and wipes. They were still good as gold even though they were very tired and need naps. When we got home I had to finish cleaning up the house a little because Collin's friend Emma was coming over for a few hours. It was so much fun watching them play together and watching Nick try to play with them. You can see he wants so badly to do everything that they're doing. For the most part, they're both very patient with him. I plopped Nick in his high chair with some cheerios and made cookies with Collin and Emma and then they played some more. Finally, we at some chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese and green beans for dinner and Emma's mom came to take her home. The boys and I put Monsters, Inc. in the dvd player and chilled out for a while. Collin fell asleep watching the movie and didn't object when I took him upstairs, changed his diaper and put him to bed. I was cringing a bit as I did this because it was only 6:45. I'm sure he'll be up before the crack of dawn tomorrow. Nick went to bed around 7:30 like a perfect little angel. It doesn't sound like much of a day, but to me it was just so sweet and perfect. It was one of those days that makes me so acutely aware of how blessed I am. My life is not perfect but I wouldn't change a single thing about it. I wish I could find better words for why this kind of day means so much to me. It was just a blissfully ordinary day.

No comments: