Thursday, March 13, 2008
Yet another doctor visit
I am really wishing I'd done a health savings account in addition to our dependant care account. Both boys were at the doctor today. It turns out they both have sinus infections. After the co-pay for the visit and 2 prescriptions it cost us $60. We were seen in a different office from the one we normally go to and they gave Collin a prescription for a medicine he's allergic to so I have to call tomorrow and get a different prescription so make that $70. And we were just at the doctor's office 3 weeks ago because Nick had an ear infection and Collin had a his sinus infection but they only gave him a decongestant for it last time. Still another $60 in co-pays and prescriptions. I don't know what the minimum you have to put away is, but I'm sure we could hit it pretty easily. I'll have to consider that next year. Anyway, aside from the green, nasty noses the boys are fine. Nick has had a rough couple of days at daycare but seems to be doing better tonight.
Labels:
doctor's visits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have an FSA and it's awesome. I think the minimum you have to do is something like $200. We do $600 and it's the perfect amount (we might go over this year- but we're nervous about the "use it or lose it" rule). Definitely a good option if you have it. PLUS it's pre-tax, so you dont run into meeting the deduction minimums when you do your taxes.
Post a Comment