Monday, March 10, 2008

We saw the Easter Bunny and other events in our house

We went to the mall tonight after dinner because 'fro boy was in desperate need of a haircut. By the way, 6 o'clock on Monday evening is a great time to hit the mall. There was no one there. We walked right into Cartoon Cuts and got his hair cut. After that we thought we'd take a little stroll around the mall and once we finished the upstairs, we took the elevator downstairs. We took the elevator because the boys were in the ginormous double stroller, but that's really irrelevant. As soon as we stepped off the elevator, there was the Easter Bunny. I had no intentions of meeting the Easter Bunny tonight or my kids would have looked much nicer. Collin took one look at him and just had to meet him. The picture actually turned out pretty cute considering my kids absolutely refuse to smile at the same time, plus you can't really tell that Collin has a snotty nose and Nick has kind of a messy face too. Had this been a planned trip they would have been spotless and dressed nicely. None the less, I love my impromptu photo. There was no one in line for the Easter Bunny so we got to get plenty of tries at a good picture and spend so time playing with him too.

In other news there are some new words being used in my house. "MaMa" has finally returned! Nick only busts it out when he really wants something though because he's figured out how happy I am to hear it. He also says "hi", I think. He says something that sounds like hi and then waves. I could be wrong, but I'm going with it. And finally there is Collin's latest word: Diarrhea. I don't know why Tim said it today but he uttered it once, not even talking to Collin. Unfortunately, Collin picked right up on it and wanted to know what it was and has been tossing it around ever since. He just randomly starts talking about diarrhea. I sure hope he forgets his new word over night. The other major event today is that Collin managed to stay dry the entire time he was at daycare today. Of course, he wouldn't go to the potty at home until bedtime but I'll take whatever progress I can get at this point. I think it's an encouraging sign.

No comments: