It was bedtime. That's never a good time in our household. Tonight's conversation went like this:
Me to Tim: I think its time to go to B-E-D. (I was referring to the boys who were both in the room, hence the spelling)
Collin: I want to go to B-E-D!
Me: You do???
Collin: Yes! Please can I go to B-E-D????
Tim: Absolutely, let's go to B-E-D.
Me: Do you know what B-E-D is?
Collin: Are we going to buy something?
Me: No we're going to do something. Let's sound it out.
Collin: Buh-eh-duh
Me: Bed, we're going to bed.
Collin: We're going to B-E-D to buy a new bed? (he's still very excited at this point)
Me: We're going to B-E-D to sleep.
Collin: I don't like to sleep. (excitement gone, back to our usual bedtime routine)
It was just funny how excited he got about going to B-E-D until he realized that it was actually bed and not somewhere fun.
Last night we had a little fun at bedtime. We tucked him in and Tim and I went downstairs to play some wii. Pretty soon I heard a noise and as I walked toward the stairs to check it out I heard the pitter patter of little feet scampering back to the bedroom as fast as he could go. I went back to playing the wii without saying anything. A few minutes later I hear the noise again and again walk to the stairs. More scampering. This went on three or four times, each time I stayed quiet instead of yelling at him. It was a little game we were playing until I finally caught Collin on the stairs unwinding my dental floss. Before he started unwinding my dental floss he squeezed another half tube of tooth paste into the sink. Both are now on my list of things to pick up at the store. Had I not been off today I would have put a stop to that game much sooner but I knew that he could sleep in a bit today so I let him have some fun at our expense (literally $4 for toothpaste and $1.50 for dental floss).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment