Monday, September 29, 2008
Fools Ride Motorbikes
What do you do with inconsiderate nincompoops who jeopardize the safety of everyone in the community by riding their stupid motorbikes on the sidewalks? For the last several days I've been calling the cops every chance I get to report these morons. I've seen at least 3 different bikes go through my community on the sidewalk. They don't have a license plate so I can't report the tag. All I can do is give a description of the bike and the idiots riding it to the police when I call. My neighbors are also calling but so far the cops have not managed to catch these jerks. Today, my next door neighbor was out with his dogs when one of the imbeciles went by and he yelled to him "hey, you know you're not supposed to ride on the sidewalks, right?" and the lowlife just yelled back "so, I don't care". Yesterday I called the cops because the scumbag had a small child on the back of the motor bike. The kid couldn't have been much older than 6 and he looked about ready to fall off. The worst part of the whole thing was that the child wasn't even wearing a helmet! I was irate that someone could put a child in danger that way! I'm sure the cops are sick and tired of hearing from us but until they get these dirt bags to stop riding on the sidewalks where there are kids playing I'm going to keep calling every time I see it happen. It is so frustrating to keep calling and calling and by the time the cops arrive, the schmucks are long gone because they've got motorized transportation. There is a group of us that has sort of made it our mission to get rid of these cretins We've thought about tackling them as they drive by. We've thought about making a make shift strip of nails to puncture their tires but that would be dangerous for everyone else. One of my neighbors even got a picture of one of the nitwits and gave it to the cops but even that didn't help. So really, we haven't come up with anything better than calling the cops which, while its logging lots of complaints, isn't getting us any closer to getting rid of these bums. Any ideas about how to rid the community of dirty rotten scoundrels? I'll take practical ideas and those that are completely impractical but fun to imagine. I'm also about out of adjectives to describe these jackasses so if you've got any particularly creative ones let me know.
Labels:
Stupid people,
Things I hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you guys own the property the sidewalks are on. A bag of cement can become a speed bump rather easily...
I get so mad when I see people riding without helmets. My father in law was killed riding a scooter in Bermuda because the local laws didnt require it (amazingly, in the US certain ones don't require helmets, either).
In our first house, we had dirt bikers that would ride behind our house... it drove me NUTS!!!
Post a Comment