Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update

Since the very nice, but stupid, doctor couldn't tell me for sure what was wrong with Nick last night I had to take him to the doctor again this morning. She took one look at his rash, asked if it had started before or after the fever had broken (it was after) informed me that it was viral and he was not contagious after the fever broke and the rash would fade over the next few days. She also looked in his ears, determined that they were not infected and told me to stop his antibiotic. So, all in all, good news, except that I had to take an entire day off from work to spend 10 minutes in the doctors office so she could tell me my child was completely fine. Why couldn't the doctor have told me that the night before? Granted, if I needed to take a day off, this was a good one to take because we were closed anyway. I was just going in to do the stuff that needed to be done for tomorrow and to catch up on a ton of busy work I'd been saving for just such a day. Nick and I did go in for about an hour so that I could call tomorrow's patients. He sat very quietly and ate 2 big cups of animal crackers while I did what absolutely had to be done before we could leave. I was very proud of how good he was and how he left me alone while I was on the phone. By the time we left he was starting to get a little fussy. He conked out on the way home and is still asleep now. Bless his little heart, I doubt he'll want any lunch after all those cookies but when he wakes up I'll try making him something yummy anyway. I'm just glad he's OK and hasn't been spreading germs at daycare.

No comments: