Friday, September 26, 2008

How I spent my day off...

We are so slow at work right now that I was able to take today off. I got up at 6:45 when Collin woke up (way better than the 5:10 I usually wake up), got the boys dressed and sent them to daycare with Daddy and the promise of a surprise when I picked them up if they were good. After that I let the dog out, grabbed a shower, put Collin's books back in his book case (they'd been in a laundry basket all week because he dumped them all out of his book case and I took them away), made the beds, sat down and had a yogurt for breakfast, then I went back upstairs and gathered up every piece of laundry I could find. I have been really good about doing laundry but, as usual, the clean laundry has piled up on me and I had 4 huge laundry baskets to fold and put away, not to mention the 2 loads of towels, the load of lights, the load of darks, the load of jeans, the load of reds and the bathroom rugs that I had just dragged down to the laundry room. I tossed the first load in and grabbed a basket to sort and put away. A couple hours later the clean laundry was completely put away and I was even done with the first load of today's pile. I grabbed a quick peanut butter sandwich for lunch and went back to work. I cleaned up the living room and the dining room and vacuumed the whole downstairs. Then I went upstairs and vacuumed the bedrooms and the steps. Then I cleaned my bathroom top to bottom and ran back downstairs to clean the half bath as well. Since I had the Windex out, I cleaned the sliding glass door and the glass in the front door as well. In between chores I ran up and down the stairs grabbing another load of clean laundry as it finished drying and putting it away. At 3:45 I called the cops on the jackass that's been riding his motorcycle down my sidewalk for the last 2 days and ran to pick up the boys. On the way I stopped at 7-11 and picked up slurpees for the boys Good thing I did it too because all Collin talked about all day long was that he was going to get a surprise when he got home. Of course I walked in and Collin said "where's Dad?" Huh? I thought he'd be happy to see me but he wanted his Daddy, apparently when he wasn't talking about his surprise he was talking about how Daddy was picking him up. The slurpees in the car made him forget how disappointed he was that I picked him up instead of Daddy. By the time Tim got home I was in no mood to cook so we went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. The boys were so well behaved. It was just so nice to go out as a family and make it through an entire dinner without having to correct either one of them for bad behavior. When we got home I pulled the very last load out of the dryer and put it away. As of right now the only dirty laundry in the entire house is the stuff we wore today. I will wash that along with the sheets tomorrow. It feels so good to come home to a clean house. It also feels good to accomplish something rather than just chilling out and relaxing all day, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's exactly what I plan to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Want to clean my house??? :) Sounds like a good day off.. minus the motorcycle guy!!!