I don't know where he learns these things but tonight I was harping on Collin about something, I think it was not tipping over the baskets of folded laundry and he actually told me "Chill Out Mom"!!!! What???? Where did my child hear that phrase and learn to use it appropriately? I admit that I use it from time to time, but I didn't think I said it enough in front of him for him to pick up on it. Either I'm wrong, or he's hearing it somewhere else.
And when did he start calling me MOM? My child isn't 12, he's 2!! I went from being Ma Ma to being Mommy (which I love) to being Mom. I'm not ready to be Mom, that's what big kids call their mothers. He still calls me Mommy most of the time, but when he calls me Mom he sounds more grown up and he's 2, I want to keep him that way for a while. At least he hasn't learned to call me Mother in that sarcastic way that teenagers talk to their Moms when they don't like what they have to say. That will come all too soon.
They say you can't really appreciate your parents until you have kids of your own. So TRUE!! My hats off to you, Mom. I don't know how you did it because I know I wasn't an easy child. When I was a teenager, I couldn't understand why you had such a hard time letting me do some things and why you flat out said no to others when I thought that I had made perfectly reasonable requests. Now I understand and I feel sorry for my boys because I don't think I'll be as cool as you and Dad were. My boys aren't doing ANYTHING!! The world is full of really, really scary stuff. I want to protect them from all that stuff, even though I know I can only do so much. The best I can hope for is to teach them right from wrong and how to be good people and hope it takes. Man, kids should come with a manual on how to raise them.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Johnny calls me Mom too. What the heck? I'm not ready for Mommy to go away!
I'm getting the Mother sometimes already. Whenever he says it in that smart alek way of his, I just want to smack him!!! I don't actually do it, but man, sometimes I really want to.
Post a Comment