Monday, October 15, 2007
Just Me and My Boys
Tim is working an evening shift tonight so I had the kids all to myself. They were such angels! Collin asked for a peanut butter banana with strawberries and pretzels for dinner so that's what he got since I didn't have anything else planned and that's pretty healthy. Nick got his apple sauce which he eats like it is going out of style! I have to watch Collin very closely now that Nick is eating "real" foods because he asked for apple sauce too and while my back was turned he began feeding it to Nick. He also shared his sippy cup of watered down grape juice with his little brother. When I saw how he was sharing with his brother I was very proud and helped him hold the sippy cup for Nick. It took a few moments, but Nick did figure out how to suck on it so he got the juice and he REALLY liked it. He cried when I took it away but I don't want him to have a lot of juice. I fixed him a bottle instead which he tried very hard to hold himself. He's becoming very interested in what we are eating. Last night I had a popsicle while hold him and he literally threw himself at the popsicle trying to get it in his mouth. He really liked that too and I think, in addition to tasting good, it probably feels good on his little gums. He was really mad when it got down to the stick and I wouldn't let him have any more because I didn't want to choke him trying to get it in his mouth. At 7:15, I took the boys upstairs to get ready for bed. Nick played in his bouncy seat while I gave Collin a bath and got him into his jammies. Then we all read some stories and sang night night songs and tucked Collin into bed. Then it was time for Nick to take his bath. He really seems to enjoy those, he never fusses about it. I got him into his jammies, fed him again, sang more night night songs and put him to bed. Collin was still not asleep and asked very nicely if I would come back into his room. He actually asked "Mommy, please come back to my room". How could I say no to that? I went in, sang him one more round of night night songs, tucked him under the covers and said good night. That was it. There was no fussing, no crying, just "Night Night Mommy". By 8:15 both of my boys were sound asleep and I could not have been more proud of myself because bedtime doesn't normally go this well.
Labels:
bedtime,
Big Brother,
Dinner,
Fun with the Boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW how did you manage that one!? That's awesome!
I so wish I knew. He hasn't gone to bed nicely since. In fact, he's been down right horrible! Maybe he just sensed that Mommy needed an easy night.
Post a Comment