And the award goes to..... My Wack Job Trouble Maker Neighbor
Tonight, after I'd been home for a half hour or so, my neighbor, good friend, and fellow board member, knocked on my door to let me know I had a "present" waiting for me. She had an identical one in her door. It was a letter from the neighborhood wack job trouble maker in response to a letter the board had sent to her about letting her pit bull roam the neighborhood pooping in other people's yards (which, if you don't know, is illegal in MD as well as being against association rules). Her response was to copy the letter and write on it "When the board starts following the rules, give me a call. Otherwise FU". She did at least have the courtesy to use the abbreviation as I wrote it rather than spelling it out but the intention is there and I'm beyond angry and though I've been venting all night, I still need to vent so here goes:
Dear Neighborhood Wack Job Trouble Maker:
How dare you use such language with me? I have done absolutely nothing to you. You broke the rules and you got caught (I'm not the one who complained about you). According to the rules, you get a letter telling you to stop doing what you were doing and if you continue and get caught again, you'll be fined. I didn't make the rules, they were in place when I joined the board. You have done nothing but cause trouble as long as I've lived here. That's right, I haven't forgotten that right after I moved in you left a letter in everyone's door about why we shouldn't vote for a board member in the elections that night because they were a horrible racist person. You made quite an impression on me with that nasty letter. Since then, you have complained constantly and the board has done its best to listen to your complaints and to try to appease you. You have personally attacked another board member to the point of slander! We begged you to come to a meeting, even going so far as to ask you for an agenda of items you wanted to discuss, so we could be prepared with answers for you and you didn't bother to show up. You have involved yourself in board business to the point of interference. You have sent horribly nasty emails to the board and your letter tonight was the last straw. You didn't even have the decency to knock on my door and hand it to me. I was home, my car was in my reserved spot and yet you took the chicken's way out and chose to slip it in my door. It's much easier to write FU in a letter than to say it to our faces. If you were as brave as your words make you out to be, you would come to a meeting and discuss your issues with the board as a reasonable person instead of swearing at us and threatening lawsuits. You want to get a lawyer and sue us, go right ahead. We have kept copies of all your nasty-grams and have followed our rules and by-laws to the letter. Who do you think is going to win in court? Obviously, you're stupid enough to think you would, but we already have a lawyer at the management company and they make sure that everything we do is in accordance with the law so good luck to you. If you are so unhappy, why don't you just move and go be someone elses problem. I'm just tired of dealing with you. I didn't volunteer to be on the board so I could be verbally abused. Keep it up lady and I'm going to the cops and you'll find yourself on the other end of a law suit.
Writing all that was cathartic. I do feel a bit better. It would feel so good to walk up to her and say all that but I won't stoop to her level. What goes around comes around and she'll get hers in the end.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW- It's a good thing she isn't our neighbor because Scott would have gone ballistic. Some people are such trash!!!
Next time her dog is running loose, call Animal Control to come pick it up. Maybe she'll learn that way. Honestly, you know I love animals, but nothing pisses me off more than irresponsible pet owners.
Post a Comment