Thursday, October 4, 2007

Monkey Business

This morning, I woke up exhausted and in a fog because I stayed up too late yet again. I heard the tv on downstairs but figured I must have left it on the night before. I was already planning my comeback to the lecture I knew I was going to get about wasting the electricity. I got Nick up and dressed and was busy feeding him when Tim got up to get Collin up and dressed. A few moments later Tim appeared in Nick's room and said "Where's Collin?" Duh, its the middle of the night, he's asleep. I just looked at him like he had 2 heads. "I'm not kidding, where's Collin?" I said "Did you look under his covers?" and got up to check for myself. Tim has a habit of acting perfectly serious while pulling these kinds of jokes because I'm extremely gullible. I opened Collin's gate and looked under his covers. Sure enough, no Collin! We went flying down the stairs and were greeted by Collin who was frustrated because all he could find on tv was the news. He wanted to watch Einsteins. I don't have any idea how he got out of his room. Either I didn't shut the gate all the way last night or he climbed over it. He says he climbed, but he's 2, he'll say just about anything. So on the off chance that he did climb the gate, I'm not going to replace the gate at the top of my steps. How am I supposed to keep him in his room now? I don't really want to shut the door on him.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I can understand the not wanting to shut the door thing, but he'll probably climb right over anything you put in there. If you do shut the door, what worked for me was putting one of those doorknob babyproofers on the inside. Hope you don't have to go that far though.

Kayris said...

The doorknob baby proofers scare me, because what happens if there's a fire or something and the kids can't get out?

I don't have any solutions, once Johnny started to climb over the gate, nothing kept him in. We just make sure the dead bolt is on downstairs so he can't get out of the house.