Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sibling Rivalry?

Last night we were putting the boys to bed. We took Nick into Collin's room and read them both some stories. Then it was time to turn out the light and sing night night songs. Collin pitched a temper tantrum. I thought back to a post Kayris left the other day about how she threw a temper tantrum in response to Johnny's tantrum and it stopped him dead in his tracks. So I tried it. And it worked. Sort of. Collin immediately stopped and said "Mommy stop crying, it's going to be OK!" Mission accomplished sort of. As soon as I started my "tantrum" Nick completely FREAKED out. He let out this scream that I can only describe as gut wrenching. It was like the way he shrieks when he gets his shots, only worse! At first I thought something must have happened to him so I quit what I was doing and paid attention to him and he started smiling and laughing again. Tim said to try it again so I did with the exact same results. Nick totally freaked again. I don't know if he was scared of the way I was behaving or mad about not being the center of attention anymore. Either way, I'll try the tantrum thing again, but not when Nick is around.

No comments: