Friday, November 23, 2007

The Best Birthday Present Ever

Yesterday was my birthday and I got some really wonderful gifts but one of them really topped them all and I wasn't even really sure I had gotten it until today. Last night I overheard my parents discussing whether or not they had heard Nick say mama. They decided that it was too soon for him to be talking and they probably didn't hear it. I was inclined to agree with them and didn't give it much more thought. Until this afternoon. Tim was holding Nick who was fussing and trying to reach for me. All of the sudden we heard amongst the fussing a very distinct "ma-ma". We looked at each other in shock as if to say "did you hear that too?". Then I did a happy dance around the bedroom because Collin said dada before he ever said mama. At least one of my boys said mama first. So even though it could just be that Nick has learned the m syllable and is repeating it, I prefer to believe that he said mama. I've heard him say it several times since like he's practicing. My baby boy is growing so unbelievably fast! Before I know it he'll be running around and talking as well as his big brother.

1 comment:

Jane said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a great day!