Friday, November 9, 2007

Good Night

I hesitate to even write this post lest I jinx us but bedtime has seen significant improvement lately. Tim came up with this brilliant new plan where we put Collin on the potty, brush his teeth, read his stories, the sing his night night songs and turn out the light just like before. The we tell Collin that as long as he stays in his bed, we'll be back in 10 minutes to check on him. 10 minutes later we go back in and check on him as promised and tell him we'll be back in 15 minutes. Usually by this time he's asleep! He's still not crazy about bedtime and there's still a lot of "I don't wanna go upstairs. I don't wanna go to bed" but he does it and we don't have to listen to him scream for a half hour anymore. Nicholas also seems to be doing well with the read a story, sing a song, and go to bed routine. Keep your fingers crossed that I didn't just go and screw the whole thing up!

No comments: