Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love getting up early and making the stuffing with my parents and helping my dad stuff the turkey. I love the kielbasa my dad makes in the morning. I love the smell of pumpkin pie and all the other wonderful things we have to eat with the turkey. I love that we watch the parade and always end up watching the dog show afterwards even though no one admits to wanting to watch it. We "just watch until the beagles come on, then we can change it"; somehow, it never gets changed. We have so much to be thankful for in our lives and its nice to have a day where we get together and celebrate those things. I'm thankful for my family and that I have such nice traditions to pass along to my sons. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who puts up with all of my eccentricities and loves me anyway and who gave me the most wonderful little boys I could imagine. I'm thankful for those two beautiful little boys who show me everyday that life is full of things to marvel at. I am thankful that I get to view life through the eyes of a child again. I appreciate things so much more now than I could have when I was a child. I am thankful for all of my friends and the people I don't get to see as often as I'd like to. I wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving. May it be filled with lots of friends, family and good food to share.
Labels:
holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And this year you get to give thanks for your last birthday before 30. lol. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy birthday.
Post a Comment