Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Better this week than next
My sweet little Nicholas is feeling a little under the weather today. I suspect its another ear infection but I'm not sure. He's had a little bit of a runny nose and a cough that's gotten progressively worse over the last 3 days. Today when I picked him up, his sitter told me he'd been spitting up much more than usual and as soon as I held him I knew he had a fever. Sure enough it was 101.4. I called the doctor's office to get an appointment and to my dismay I was told that there were no available appointments for the rest of the week. What the...? I was welcome to leave a message for my doctor so he could determine if we needed to be seen and when he'd like that appointment to be. Talk about inconvenient. I left a message describing Nick's symptoms and telling the doctor that we leave for Disney World soon and I want this taken care of before it gets really nasty. Poor baby just got over an ear infection and bronchitis not that long ago. I certainly don't want him to have to go through that again. Tylenol is a wonder drug. Not 10 minutes after I gave it to him, his fever went down and he was more like himself. He's such a sweet child. Even when he's sick he's pleasant and smiling. The only difference is he wants to be held even more than normal (which is a lot to begin with). Hopefully the doctor will call us back early in the morning and we'll get an appointment so my little munchkin can start feeling better.
Labels:
Nicholas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment