Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Taxes and Other Such Crap
Thanks to our crappy governor the sales tax in Maryland will go up to 6% tomorrow so yesterday I took the boys shopping so I could screw the state out of one measly penny on every dollar I spent. We went to Babies 'R Us because I needed hangers for the kids clothes and I didn't want to pay $1.50 for 5 at target when I could get 10 for just slightly more than that at Babies 'R Us. I also wanted the valence that went with Nick's crib set that I should have bought 6 months ago and never got around to it (Who wants to take bets on how long it will take us to hang said valence?) While I was there I found some really cute wall decals that will match the decor in his room so I picked those up too. And I managed to buy Collin's birthday present at target because it was on sale and I didn't want to pay the tax in May. If you haven't noticed, I'm just a little irritated about the whole thing. The only thing they did right was doubling the cigarette tax, but I would feel differently if I smoked. Anyway, as we were walking down the aisle where they keep all the bedding Collin looked around and then at me and said "Look at all this freakin' crap". Uh Oh. Just to be sure what I heard I asked him to repeat himself. He said it a little slower and a little louder (kind of like people do when they're talking to someone they think is dumb) "Look at all this freakin' crap Mom!". I didn't really know how to respond so I just ignored it. Hopefully if I don't reward the words with a reaction he won't continue to use them. Any suggestions for what to do when your child uses words you'd prefer they didn't know?
Labels:
Collinisms,
Stupid people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At his age, you're on the right track with the ignoring, and then when he gets a litttle older, you can explain to him that you shouldn't use those words except when yelling at referees during football games. :)
I taught Johnny to say, "Martin O' Malley is a farthead," so I can't help you there.
Post a Comment