Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Nicholas Update

My poor little Nick has another ear infection in both ears. He stayed home today with his Daddy while I went to work in the morning and we swapped around noon (Tim's new schedule is really working for me). By the time we got to the doctor his fever had reached 102. I'm not sure if it wasn't so high because I had him bundled up in a long sleeved onsie, fleece pj's, his jacket and a fleece blanket. That's enough to raise any one's temperature. He was as good as gold for the entire visit. He never even cried except when the medical assistant took him from me to weigh him. He's 18 pounds already! He's gotten so big. He even tries to pull himself if he's holding onto your hands. Anyway, we left the doctor's office with a prescription for an antibiotic. I'm counting. This is 2 ear infections in 2 months. At this rate, he'll be getting a set of tubes too. Hopefully, this will be his last ear infection for a while and we won't have to go that route. After a dose of his antibiotic and some Tylenol, he seems to be feeling better.

No comments: