Saturday, January 5, 2008
Circuit City SUCKS!!!!!
On Thanksgiving I ordered 3 2.0gig SD chips for my camera from circuitcity.com because they were on sale for $19.99 and offering a $13 rebate on them for a final price of $6.99. They shipped the very next day and I was very happy. Unfortunately, they did not arrive as expected. They made it to Columbia and got lost somewhere. I waited about a week after they were due to arrive thinking that the sheer amount of packages that fedex and the post office were dealing with could have slowed things down some and then I called Circuit City. They did try to help the first time around, even going so far as to call the post office to see what happened to my package. Since they couldn't locate it, they offered to either re-ship it or refund my money. I asked to reship my item and was there anyway they could expedite shipping since I had been waiting quite a while. I was told that a supervisor would have to make that decision and someone would call me in 3 business days. A week went by and I never heard from anyone and the website did not show that my package had reshipped so I called again. They were less helpful this time around. I was told that supervisors do not call people back and it takes 10-14 days to reship an item. I tried to ask why I was told that someone would call but they couldn't give me any answers. I waited my 10 days and when the website still didn't say my package had been reshipped I called yet again. This time I was told my money had been refunded! I did my very best to stay calm but I was beyond furious. I told the woman that I had not authorized a refund and that my package was supposed to be reshipped. She had the audacity to ask me if anyone had ever called me to which I responded that they hadn't and the last time I called back I was told that they don't call. She was doing NOTHING to assuage my anger. I insisted that I didn't want a refund and asked to speak to a supervisor. She actually refused. She said "My supervisor will tell you exactly what I just told you". I told her I didn't care, I wanted to hear it from her supervisor. We went round and round for a while. I kept asking for a supervisor and she kept telling me no so I finally said I would post my experience on the Internet, call the better business bureau and the attorney general and anyone else I could think of to tell them how bad the customer service was and she still refused to get me a supervisor so I hung up on her. I then called back and asked immediately to be connected to a supervisor. The person tried to get me to let her help me but I refused. I politely told her that I had tried speaking to a customer service rep and gotten absolutely no where and I wanted a supervisor. She reluctantly connected me to the supervisor line where I waited on hold forever. When I finally spoke to someone, Nicole was very nice. I explained what had happened and she was sympathetic but told me that since the refund had already been issued there wasn't anything she could do besides send me a $25 gift card to Circuit City for my trouble. Since there wasn't anything else I could do I said OK. The cards are still on sale for $19.99 but I don't get to use the $13 rebate. I'll get one of them for free at least. I am also sending a letter to Circuit City to let them know that their customer service was completely unacceptable. In this day and age there is no reason to refuse to let someone speak to a supervisor. I wish I had been paying more attention when the woman gave me her name because I would have filed a complaint because she was so rude and nasty. Shopping in the store may be fine but I will NEVER, EVER shop at circuitcity.com again and if I can avoid the store and shop somewhere else I will.
Labels:
Stupid people,
Things I hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sucks! Bad service really pisses me off. At least you got something free out of it. Did they credit you back the full purchase price?
Ouch. I hate bad customer service. You get that "What can I do not to help you today" out of them.Remind me to tell you sometime about my 10 years of bad customer service with the comptrollers office.
Auch! This is very embarrasing! Im a customer service supervisor at circuit city in Florida and I personaly apologize for all your troubles and to be honest with you before I became a supervisor, my managers would always tell me that the customer service associates had as much authority as any manager and to never hand them a call that we could handle, which to be honest made me very upset ... now that i am a supervisor they push every complaint on me and dont want to handle it themselves ... i always get the "r u sure its something you cant handle?" yes i am sure!! they dont want to talk to me anymore! but managers never get it and while the customer is outside waiting for a manager, the associate is in the back arguing with the manager to go out there and speak to the customer. It can get very annoying at times but only some managers are this way. At the same time, associates get a bad reputation if they have to get a manager involved and in your case, i know she could have fixed this situation very easily, the customer is always right in my opinion and I dont like leaving a situation unless you are happy and satisfied. Other then that, I dont want to make circuit city look bad, dont get me wrong I love my job but some things do need to change ... I agree with you!
Post a Comment