As we were driving to the airport I pointed out an airplane that was landing and Collin got upset and said "Wait plane, come back! You forgot us!". It was incredibly cute.
Tonight he was playing with playdoh and said "I made a heart for you Mommy, its for our family". I almost cried. (I seem to be a little overly emotional right now, everything makes me cry)
I think Nick is getting one of his top teeth because he's been pretty cranky and wants to be held all the time. Thank goodness for Tylenol because it makes him feel better. This week he seems to have learned lots of new things. He was crawling well before we left but now he is all over the place. There is no stopping him now. He's also pulling himself up to standing pretty easily and he waves anytime you say hello or goodbye. He got lots of practice doing that in Disney. I had such a good time watching him interact with Collin this week. When Collin had something he wanted he would lean over and try to take it. Being the sweetheart that he is, Collin would generally share with him. Just like his big brother, Nick can't stand for Collin to be asleep. If he fell asleep in the stroller, Nick would lean over and try to wake him up. Collin has done the same thing to Nick since we brought him home from the hospital.
Today was my first day back at work and while I had a good day, I missed my boys terribly. I spent an amazing week with them and it reminded me how much I miss by going to work every day. I don't think I'd make a very good stay at home mom but I would like to be home with them more than I am, even an extra day or two would be wonderful. There are some advantages to working full time, for instance I know where my kids are going every day and we have a routine that works for us (for the most part), my kids know what its like to get up early every day and go to a structured environment so hopefully school won't be too much of a shock, and we need my income. I can't help but wonder though if I could find a job that works around my husband's schedule and lets me be home more than I am. Part of me would really like to find that job, part of my likes the job I have and the people I work with, and part of me is just afraid of change. Someone at work told me today she was so glad I was back from vacation and that if I ever quit or suddenly wasn't there for a long time things would just fall apart. This isn't true, things wouldn't fall apart but it was a huge compliment and it made me feel good about myself and my job performance. I don't need a big important job to feel fulfilled but I do need to hear every once in a while that I'm doing a good job at whatever I'm doing. If I changed jobs or stayed home would I do a good job? I'm not sure. I am an admittedly lousy housekeeper but maybe if I had more time.... Maybe that's just my excuse, I never seem to have enough time for anything.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey erin...i totally understand your work dilemma. i struggle with the same thing all of the time. i work from home on wednesdays now, but that just makes me want more time with the kids. i teach part time at the community college and could just pick up a few more classes each semester to equal my current salary, but then i need work between the semesters. good luck in whatever you decide. i will keep you posted on this end.
sara
Post a Comment