Thursday, December 6, 2007

6 Month Check Up

Nick is 6 months old today! How did this happen? How did 6 months go by so quickly? It seems like just yesterday that I was bringing home this tiny little baby who was so fragile and dependant on me. 6 short months later he's learned so many new things. He can sit by himself for about 30-45 seconds, he'll say mama (usually when he's crying), he's starting to hold his own bottle and loves to play with a spoon. He laughs and smiles at things he thinks are funny and he adores his big brother. I love to watch them interact. Collin is so good with Nick and Nick watches every single thing Collin does with such interest. You can tell he just can't wait till he's able to run around and play with his brother. Today he weighed in at 16 pounds and 12 ounces and measured 27 and a half inches long. I think he's actually a little shorter than that because she used the stick thing to measure him. When she started she put the top at the top of his head and went to stretch his legs out, but when she finished there was a gap between his head and the top of the measuring stick. Whatever. The doctor says he's doing fantastic and he can have solid foods now. We just have to grind it up or cut it into really small chunks. Did I mention he has 2 teeth? He's still drooling everywhere so I think more are on the way. He's growing so fast!

No comments: