Saturday, December 15, 2007

We Should of Named HIm Harry Part II

Tim is working a midnight shift tonight, my in-laws and here for a visit and we spent the evening at a birthday party (Thanks to Mom and Dad for watching Nick) so he's not in his normal routine. I put him to bed around 9:30 because I could tell he was starting to get tired. We brushed his teeth, read a story and then I sang him his night night songs. I kissed him goodnight and told him if he could be good and stay in bed I'd be back in 10 minutes. I grabbed a sobbing Nicholas out of his bed to try to quiet him down and get him to sleep and went downstairs. 10-15 minutes later Nick was asleep so I took him upstairs and put him in his crib. Then I went in to check on Collin, except there was no Collin. The bedroom was empty. I knew he wasn't in Nick's room and he hadn't come downstairs so that only left one place. Sure enough, I opened the door to my bedroom and there was Collin, sound asleep, all tucked under the covers in the middle of my bed. Either we left our bedroom door open or he has learned how to work the safety knobs we put on the door knobs to keep him from opening the doors. I sure hope we left the door open because I sometimes have a hard time with those stupid safety knobs.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Did you move him? I would have felt terrible. On the plus side- at least you didnt have him cry for an hour or so! :)

Erin said...

Nope, left him right where he was because Tim was working midnights and I had the bed to myself. I wasn't going to take a chance on waking him up by moving him. Its amazing how a 2 yr old can take up and entire bed that Tim and I fit just fine in.