Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

As the new year approaches we often reflect on the year that has just passed and think about the possibilities the next one brings. For us, this has been a special year because Nicholas was born in June and we've spent the last 6 months getting to know him, watching him grow and learn, and interact with his brother. It hasn't always been easy but we wouldn't trade a moment of it. We've also had the pleasure of watching Collin blossom into the gregarious, funny little man that he is becoming. He is quite precocious and has an incredible vocabulary which sometimes makes me cringe because some of it is words I would prefer he hadn't learned.

I don't often make new year's resolutions because I seldom stick to them but this year I have a couple I'm going to try. First of all, I'm going to try to cut myself some slack and stop feeling guilty about all the stuff I don't get done and just be proud of the stuff I do manage to do. For instance, instead of feeling bad because I didn't vacuum, I'll be proud that I found the time to pick the place up so I could find the floor to vacuum if I had the time. My second goal is to catch up and stay on top of the laundry. I'm notoriously bad at this as my husband (and my mother) can attest to. This year, my goal is to toss a load in at least every other day and more importantly get it put away before there are 10 loads waiting for me to put away all at once. And as always, I resolve to live healthier in the new year. I intend to make smarter food choices and be more cognizant of my portion sizes and maybe even get a little exercise. If this results in me losing some weight that would be awesome, but I'm not making that resolution because I've made it before and it didn't work. I'll try this instead and hopefully I'll be more successful.

As we say goodbye to 2007, I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2008. May it be filled with family and friends and wonderful new memories.

No comments: