Monday, December 3, 2007

Lessons Learned in Mom School

Math:
The smell emanating from Nick's diaper is inversely proportional to the size of the turd residing in it.

Reading:
It is entirely possible to "read" your son's favorite book to him in the car while driving. He will correct you if you "skip a page".

Science:
Popsicles and fruit snacks cure just about all ailments. A bump on the head hurts much less if Collin is sucking on a popsicle.

Physical Education:
Mommy makes an awesome horse and and equally awesome airplane. Collin loves to climb on my back for a few trips around the living room or get lifted up in the air until he runs into turbulence and comes back down for a "crash landing".

Geography:
Thanks to the Little Einsteins the Eiffel tower is where Melody's ticket for the musical pet train is found, not a monument in Paris.

Music:
Even 2 year olds know when you can't carry a tune in a bucket. Every time I sing in the car, Collin tells me to stop.

Foreign Language:
Collin sings Frere Jacques in French because I don't know it in English. The last time I saw my cousins he was singing it and they asked if he was singing in a foreign language or if they just couldn't understand him. He really was singing in French.

Art:
Windows make especially good canvases for crayon. So do doors and walls. Fortunately, Mr. Clean makes the magic eraser which cleans things up in a snap because Collin loves to draw.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Are you sleeping,
Are you sleeping,
Brother John?
Brother John?
Wedding bells are ringing.
Wedding bells are ringing.
Ding, dong, ding.
Ding, dong, ding.

There, now you cna teach it to him in english. In an instersting bit of onomatopoeia, I know the song in thre languages and the bells sound different in all three. Other than that I can't help oyu with anything else.

Jane said...

And I thought it he was proposing...