Saturday, December 15, 2007
Poor Baby
Yesterday when I picked Nick up from daycare he was burning up so I took him home and took his temperature. It was 102. I gave him some Tylenol and called the doctor. Aside from the fever, he really wasn't acting sick. He had a little bit of congestion and a tiny cough every once in a while but he was all smiles and as pleasant as could be. The doctor said that if the Tylenol didn't bring the fever down within an hour (it did) or if he woke up in the morning and still had a fever and didn't seem to be doing any better he needed to be seen. He was up at 3:30 this morning which very rarely happens these days and then slept from 4 until 7:30. I changed his diaper and called the doctor for an appointment. Thank goodness for Saturday sick hours. My little guy has his first ear infection. I feel bad for him. Collin made it to his first birthday before he got his first ear infection. The good news is, he seems to like his Amoxicillin (though I'm watching him closely because Collin is allergic to this medicine) and takes it like a champ. Hopefully, we'll get a good nights sleep tonight.
Labels:
doctor's visits,
Nicholas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can totally sympathize! Although we're not dealing with an ear infection, Kylie has a cold yet again! Her nose is pouring and her cheeks are all chapped from wiping her nose all over her face. She's waking up every few hours during the night. I really wish she'd start sleeping through the night! Of course, I still wouldn't get a full night sleep because lately Gabe has taken to waking up in the middle of the night crying for Daddy. He usually times it so that I've just gotten back in bed after feeding Kylie and started to doze back off, then he starts crying. Between the two of them it was after 3:30 before I finally really fell asleep last night. And Kylie was up at 7:00 to eat! And I still haven't gotten over my cold yet either! Just shoot me now, please!
Poor kid!!! I hope he feels better soon! I also hope you guys dont have the same ear problems with him as you have had with Collin. We're so fortunate that Trent has only had 1 or 2 (knock wood).
Post a Comment