I've recently decided to try a different way to entice Collin to go to sleep without all the usual melodrama. Collin and I made a bedtime chart together and every night he goes to sleep in his own bed instead of on the floor he gets to put a sticker on it. Once he gets 5 stickers, he gets a prize of some sort. My smarty pants son put the first sticker in the prize column! It actually seems to be working. Since we started using it, he's cried but fallen asleep in his own bed. The days of picking him up off the floor seem to be gone. Tonight I tried a new tactic. I promised him that if he went to sleep in his own bed without crying for an hour first, he could have 3 stickers tomorrow. He whined a little when I left his room but, once I was out of sight, it stopped, and he was in bed asleep! I am so jazzed about this! In addition to this breakthrough, twice tonight Collin sat of the potty. The first time, I was in the bathroom getting something and he wandered in, put the lid up on his little potty and sat down and said "Collin sat on the potty" (his clothes were still on though). He got a lollipop for his effort. Then when we were going to bed, as I was changing his diaper, he asked to sit on the potty. I said sure and carried his naked little butt into the bathroom. He sat on his potty for a few minutes, then he sat on the big potty for a minute, then he went back to the little potty for a few more minutes. He didn't do anything, but I was proud of the effort anyway and encouraged that potty training might not be as far away as I had been thinking.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment