Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Personal Victory

I went for my 6-week check up with the doctor today and got my clean bill of health. She also told me I've lost 30 lbs and only have 3 more to go to be back where I was when I got pregnant. This is a huge personal victory for me because, as anyone who knows me knows, I really struggle to lose weight. I never lost the last 5 lbs I gained when I was pregnant with Collin. I've still got 6 weeks of maternity leave left and my goal is to be back where I was when I got pregnant with Collin or smaller. Nick and I have been going for a 1.5 mile walk almost every morning and I've been trying to make healthier choices in my diet. Its nice to see that its paying off. Results are the best motivation.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome! I know how you feel! By my 6 week check up I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight (not that that was a great number) And I've lost another 6 pounds since then. I guess chasing around after Gabriel, and carrying Kylie everywhere has paid off a little bit. The only thing that sucks is that even tough I've lost the weight, my stomach looks worse than ever because of the stretching I had when I was pregnant. It is totally repulsive!!!

Jane said...

WOO HOO!!!! I am so excited for you! Your success is motivating me to get off my butt! :) It's makes me think... 2 kids must make you skinnier. Hmmm...

Kayris said...

Two kids DO make you skinnier....because who has time to eat? Now if my joints would stop creaking and groaning so I can exercise without feeling so much pain...

Good job Erin! You can do it!

Sara said...

congrats erin. i never lost all of the weight from when i was pregnant with haley (then again, i had lost a bunch of weight right before i got pregnant with her and was tiny). i am now between where i was before i got pregnant with brendan and before i got pregnant with haley. two kids definitely helps. mine are now over 50 lbs when i carry them together. and they are right, who has time to eat with 2 (or whose kids let them)? congrats, you sound so happy.