Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brotherly Love

This morning we had turned the monitor off after I put Nick back to bed after feeding him at 4am. I was so exhausted that I didn't hear anything until 7:15. Tim said he heard Collin saying "Mommy" and talking to himself and playing for about a half hour before that. (I felt really bad that I didn't hear it, more on that later) The next thing I hear is "Hi Mommy! Wake up!" and I feel a hand on my cheek! Collin had finally managed to kill the gate that he's been torturing for the last 6 months and get out of his room. I gave him a hug and a kiss and told him we were getting up. Tim told me then that Collin had been up for a half hour already and, as I mentioned, I felt like the worst Mom in the world for not hearing him. Collin noticed and said "Mommy looks sad! It'll be OK Mommy". What a sweet little boy! Then he walked out of the room. I should have jumped out of bed and followed him but I was still really tired and trying to wake up. The next thing I hear is Nick screaming. That got me up and running. I walked into Nick's room, followed by Tim and Collin is standing in the crib with Nick saying "I didn't hurt Nick"! I picked Nick up (he seemed fine and stopped crying immediately) and Tim grabbed Collin out of the crib. Boy was Collin mad about it too. I'm going to have to put a safety know on Nick's door and shut it at night so the next time Collin manages a jail break, I'm sure Nick is safe from his big brother flipping himself into the crib. You should see him. Nick's rocker is close to the bed because the room is small and that's the only place it will fit. Collin stands on the arm-rest (the chair is of course rocking while he does this) grabs a hold of the side of the crib and leans over until he is able to flip himself into the crib. I watched him do it one day when Nick was not in the crib. He's banned from Nick's room unless I'm in there to make sure he doesn't do anything dangerous.

No comments: