Monday, September 3, 2007

On to Daycare

Nicholas,
Tomorrow is a big day for both of us. It's my first day back to work since you were born and your first day of daycare. You will be 3 months old this week and I can't believe this day is here already. It's gone by so quickly. I've spent almost every waking moment with you and I've treasured every one of them. I got to see your first smile and hear your first laugh. I still haven't actually seen you roll over but I know you can do it because I keep finding you on your belly every morning even though I put you to bed on your back every night. I thought that this day would be easier the second time around because I know you'll be in good hands and your big brother will be there with you, but it's not. I'm so glad that we got to spend every day getting to know one another. It's the only time in your life where you'll get to feel like you were my only child. I know you won't remember the time we spent together this summer but I hope it laid the foundation for a wonderful relationship that we'll build over the coming years. I hope that tomorrow, we begin a new chapter in our lives, you'll be happy and begin to make new friends and you won't miss Mommy too much. I'm sure it will be much harder on me than it is on you. I know that you'll adjust well and continue to be the happy, darling child you already are. You're going to learn so much over the coming months and years and I will delight in each new accomplishment. Good luck tomorrow my sweet baby. I'll be thinking of you often.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Jane said...

It'll be tough at first but you know it'll be fine. It's hard for me leaving before Trent wakes up - especially on the nights when I get home after he's gone to bed. But there's nothing quite like the, "MOMMY! MOMMY!" I get when I come home!