Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Our First Day
Well our first day has come to an end and I would say it qualifies as a success! My day began at 5a.m when my alarm went off. I got out of bed, ran downstairs to get my shoes and pants out of the dryer (I had to wash the shoes because I power washed the deck in them). I was just finishing up my bowl of cheerios when Nick woke up. I spent a few quiet minutes feeding him and then changed and dress him and put him in his bouncy seat so I could finish getting ready. By 5:45 it was time to get Collin up and dress. I walked into his room to find he was just opening his eyes. He was sleepy but happy to see me and cooperated while I got him up and dressed and got his teeth brushed. Then I took him downstairs where he didn't want to put his shoes on and go to daycare. I finally managed to get his shoes on and was picking up Nick to walk out the door when Nick yaked all over himself so I had to go back upstairs and change his outfit. Take two was successful. I took Collin out first (since he's currently in a phase where he thinks running away from me is funny) locked the car and ran back in to grab Nick. With both boys in the car we were off to daycare and it was 6:05, right on time! Boy was I proud! Collin was less than pleased about going to daycare, he would have preferred to go to the aquarium. He kept saying "Don't wanna go see friends! I wanna go see the fish!". Nick was as happy as he could possibly be and Collin got over things quickly enough so I was off to work. It was a busy first day back and it went by fast. I picked the boys up and grabbed a Happy Meal as a treat for Collin. We needed to eat quickly because I was signed up for a spin class at the gym. I managed to make it in plenty of time and again, KidSpace rocks. Collin had a terrific time playing there while I was in class. We were back home by 7:15. I compromised with Collin because he wanted to watch Einsteins and I wanted him to get a bath. He got to watch Einsteins while I fed Nick and then it was time for a bath. He wasn't happy about it but he didn't fight me on it either. After his bath, I read both boys The Berenstein Bears In The Dark, sang them night night songs and left Collins room. Nick needed a little time with Mommy before he was ready for bed. We spent about a half hour hanging out and giggling together. Finally around 9:30 I was able to get a shower and get everything ready for work tomorrow. I just need to put the kids clothes out tonight so I don't have to figure it out in the morning and then its off to bed so I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to sleep. Last night I was finally able to fall asleep around 1am. I guess it was nerves and the fact that that's the time I went to bed every night for the last 3 months.
Labels:
Daycare,
Fun with the Boys,
Go Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God bless you because just reading your morning had me exhausted!!! If Trent has to be woken up, his entire day is shot (and because of that, so is yours). He's actually a lot like Mommy and Daddy in that respect! :) Glad to hear it went well!
Post a Comment