Friday, September 14, 2007
Lessons Learned
When Collin tells me he has to pee but sits on the toilet and doesn't go, its a bad idea to then put him in big boy pants. I tried this tonight hoping that he would recognize that they felt different than a diaper and he'd tell me when he was going to go but all I accomplished was changing wet underwear and pants. He did tell me right away though so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe you should try the "Cool Alert" diapers that get cold when they pee? I think it's supposed to have the same effect but saves you washing clothes. I'm not sure if they're made by Huggies or Pampers. I saw some $2 or 3 off coupons in the paper recently. I'll pull them aside if I see them again!
I had a similar problem with Kylan. He didn't realize the difference between diapers, pull-ups and underwear. My solution was a little Parent-intensive, but it only took about three days to establish the habit. I just let him run around without pants or anything on his lower body, and he knew that he needed to go use the potty. Worked suprising well, though Jane may be right with the new "cool Alert" Pull-Ups. (They're Pull-Up brand by the way.)
Post a Comment