Monday, September 17, 2007

Mmmmm....Green Beans (Just Kidding Mom)

I was so excited tonight, Collin actually asked for a vegetable! I couldn't believe my ears but sure enough he said "I want GREEN BEANS!" I must have repeated it about 4 times just to be sure I heard right. So I made my darling angel his green beans along with the crab alfredo. I should have just handed him the grean beans by themselves, he might have actually eaten them then. He finished the alfredo, minus the immitation crab and put all of his green beans on my plate. I came so close.... maybe next time.

In other news, I have decided that we need to change his reward for using the potty. He has proven to me that he has no real interest in actually using the potty. What he is interested in is lollipops and fruit snacks. When I tell him he can't have these things he waits just a little while and asks to use the potty. I've decided that since he has a really cool dinosaur bank that he likes to "feed" I'm going to offer him pennies instead of candy. It's certainly healthier! Who knows, if he learns to save early, maybe he end up the next Warren Buffet and I won't have to worry about my retirement fund.

1 comment:

Kayris said...

It's a start! Johnny would ask for veggies and then not eat them. He's down to not needing specials meals (unless I'm making something totally kid unfriendly) and he eats several different varieties of veggies without complaint! There is light at the end of the tunnel...