Thursday, August 23, 2007

How Happy Are You?

Take the quiz at Oprah.com. Nick has been in one of those moods where he either wants to nurse or cuddle so after we went for our walk, we spent a lot of time on the couch. Since I wasn't picking Collin up, I had the opportunity to watch Oprah today and I found it to be a really poignant topic. Today's show was all about happiness and what truly makes us happy. Its something I've been reflecting on lately and I realize that I am truly happy and grateful for all the blessing in my life. What makes me happy are the little things in life, like the sound of my children laughing or the way their whole face lights up when they smile. Its the way I feel when my husband puts his arm around my shoulders or runs his fingers through my hair. Its knowing that no matter what, my family loves me and will be there for me and I would do the same for them. Its the way my dog greets me every day and seems to know when I need a little extra TLC. Its hearing my son say "I love you" and the way he yells "Mommy!" and comes flying at me for a hug when I pick him up at daycare. Its watching the way my boys look like little angels when they sleep. Its the way Collin plays with Nick and how he asks to hold him or sneaks over to give him a kiss while he's in his bouncy seat. Just plain ordinary things that make each day something special. Being happy is not about having a big house or lots of money and things. Its about those things that are most important in life that money can't buy. These are the things I hold onto when it feels like my world is crashing down around me and the reason I know that in the end, everything will be alright. Thats what makes me happy.

No comments: