Collin has been learning what sound each letter makes thanks to an awesome LeapFrog DVD that my parents bought him. (I highly recommend it, he's learning so fast and loving every minute of it) Each letter has a little song that goes "the A says aaa, the A says aaa, every letter makes a sound, the A says aaa", of course you insert whatever letter and sound you want. Last night on the way home from the gym Collin was singing this song and doing a really good job. Tim joined in on one of the letters and got the sound right so Collin said "Good Boy Daddy!" I guess he was proud that his Daddy knew what sound the letter made.
I made him a peanut butter banana one day and it flipped over leaving a pile of peanut butter on his plate (did I blog about this already?). Collin looked at it and said excitedly "Look Mom! A volcano!" I guess he learned this watching the Little Einsteins. I don't know.
He has a few other phrases that he tosses out there every so often. My personal favorites are "This is terrible!", "That's disgusting!", "ooh, that's yucky!" and "its dark and spooky in here". He says that every time we're somewhere that's not bright and sunny, could be under a tree, in a building, or on the highway driving through a shady area.
I was watching Collin the other day when he asked himself a question, put his finger to his temple and said "think, think, think" then "I know" and off he went to do something. I think that's from My Friends Tigger and Pooh. He sure is a little sponge. And yes, he does watch entirely too much TV.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is hysterical! Trent has been picking up little funny phrases here and there. Lately, everytime he gives you something, it's followed with, "Here ya go!" and if he does something, you get, "There I go!". We gave him creamed spinach the other night for dinner. He put it in his mouth and then PULLED it out, followed by, "EWWWWWW!". Too funny!
Post a Comment