Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Personal Goals
In my endless quest for weight loss I've hit a bit of a plateau. I still can't seem to shake those last 2 pounds that I gained when I was pregnant with Nick, so I've decided to step it up a notch. Tonight I took my first spin class at the gym. It was a great workout! I was sweating from head to toe by the time I was done. Depending on how my legs feel tomorrow, I may attempt another one on Thursday evening. Unfortunately, my gym is closed the following week for their annual renovations so my options are to go to one of the other gyms or do something on my own. I will probably do something on my own because the other gyms get ridiculously crowded when one is closed for the week. Also, my father in law and my brother in law will be here for a visit next week so I'd much rather spend my time with them than in a gym. My goal is to take at least one class a week, preferably two. Depending on Tim's new schedule it may mean dropping the kids off at KidSpace while I do it. If I have to do that, I don't want to do it more than once a week since they'll be in daycare all day. It seems unfair to pick them up from daycare and take them to another daycare for an hour. I have decided that if I only do it once a week, its not so bad because there's lots of fun stuff to do there. Plus, trying to be healthier isn't just something I'm doing for myself, its something I'm doing for them as well. I want them to know that their mom is more than just a couch potato and I want to teach them to live an active lifestyle. We'll see how well I stick to this, but I'm going to try really hard.
Labels:
Working Out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment