Friday, August 31, 2007
The World's Best Birth Control
Yesterday Tim's Dad and his brother Kevin were here for a visit and daycare was closed so I had both Nick and Collin and Collin's friend Emma. I decided it would be fun to take everyone to the Aquarium for the day. It was an adventure and I think it probably cured Kevin of any desire for kids in the very near future. The day started with me trying to feed everyone lunch, get diapers changed and Emma to the potty, and get them all in the car. It took me about an hour and a half just to get that much done. Then we headed downtown and all 3 kids slept on the way but woke up when we were getting them out of the car. I brought the double stroller for Collin and Emma (Collin is 2 and Emma is 3) and I wore Nick in his carrier thing. The aquarium doesn't allow strollers so we had to check the stroller and let the kids walk. Before we even left the house I sat down with Collin and Emma and explained that there was one really important rule that had to be followed. They must hold our hands and stay right with us at all time. Emma followed that rule to a T! She held my hand and stayed right beside me the entire time. The only time she let go of my hand or left my side was when she was chasing Collin, who must have thought the rule was never hold anyone's hand and run away from the adults as often as possible! He was delighted by the fish and couldn't wait to see what was in each new tank. The dolphin show was the highlight of his day. He squealed so loud people in the next section turned around to look. I felt really bad for the 2 guys in front of us who were getting an earful of Collin's squeals. We chased Collin all over the aquarium for about 4 hours and still didn't see it all but that's OK because we got the membership so we can go back anytime we want. The first thing he said to me this morning was that he wanted to see more fish! Maybe one of these weekends when Tim has worked nights and needs to sleep all day I'll take him back to terrorize the rest of the aquarium. We decided that taking all three kids was just as hard as it would be to take just Collin by himself. He really wasn't too bad until he got tired, he was just a typical 2 year old boy who couldn't wait to see all the really neat things the aquarium had to offer.
Labels:
Day Trips,
Fun with the Boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Aquarium with Johnny was a nightmare. He liked the escalators better than anything, and got mad when he wasn't allowed to go down the up escalator. And forget being worried about Stranger Danger. I was pregnant with Maureen and feeling sick from the smell of the tank water, so John spent most of the time dashing through the crowd shouting, Johnny, STAY HERE!!!!"
Post a Comment