My boys have been relatively good this week! Collin didn't misbehave at daycare, or at least not so bad that Rosemary needed to let us know about it and Nick has been his usual angelic self.
This weekend we had a birthday party to go to so we made a trip to Toys-R-Us last night. I had a ball! It was the first time that we've had Collin in the store when he's really been able to understand where he was. He was having a fantastic time looking at all the toys. When we got to the Thomas aisle, he started putting things in the cart. No sooner would I take a train out and put it back where it belonged, two more would take its place. I took the opportunity to talk to him about how everything costs money and how we have to save money to buy things we want like toys. It was really cute until the temper tantrum that erupted when it was time to leave. We went to the Panda Buffet for dinner afterwards and Collin ate a fantastic dinner of french fries and pizza (at a Chinese restaurant). I was just happy he ate.
This weekend Collin has also been asking me to feed the dinosaurs. He and Nick each have an adorable dinosaur bank with their names on it that we "feed" money to and watch as it winds its way down into the belly. Collin found a nickel somewhere in the house and took it up to feed his dinosaur. As soon as he was done, he asked for more money. I said I didn't have any more. He said "I want to show you something", took my hand and led me into my bedroom where he stopped and pointed to the football bank full of change and said "Collin wants some more!". Little stinker is too smart! I told him I would not give him any of the change that was already in a bank, but we could look and see if any had fallen on the floor. As luck would have it, we found a few pennies, another nickel and a couple of quarters. We fed the dinosaur again and I tried to explain what each coin was worth. Collin didn't care, he just wanted to watch the dinosaur eat.
This weekend Collin also helped me wrap both his Daddy's birthday present and Madelyne's birthday present. I was very proud that he seemed to understand that they weren't for him and didn't try to open them after we had them wrapped. He didn't bother any of the presents on the table at the party today either. I was afraid that he would be jealous or want them for himself but he didn't. He made a couple of friends and played happily with them until it was time to go. There was a scary moment when a couple of the girls he was playing with tried to put him in the swing but couldn't get him strapped in. They came to get time and I but all they said was "we need some help with your kid". We thought he'd fallen or something bad had happened, but they just needed help strapping him in. He had a great time playing on the swing and they came to get us when it was time for him to get out, this time without making us panic. Unfortunately, he did not take a nap today. I thought he'd go to bed easily but I should have known better. My overly exhausted little boy finally went to be at 8:00 and even though we did our whole routine, he cried for a good 30 minutes after we left his room. I hope someday we grow out of this phase. It makes me feel so bad that he cries himself to sleep every night!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Next time you're in Fells Point, check out aMuse on Thames Street. They have awesome, unique toys. We went there to get a birthday present for Johnny's cousin last week and Johnny about went bananas. Plus, they will wrap gifts for you for free!
Post a Comment