Monday, August 27, 2007
New House Bug
I have a serious case of the new house bug so tonight we met with a realtor to talk about selling our house. We're in no rush but we could definitely use a little more space and we wanted to know what we needed to do to get the house ready. Yikes! There's nothing worse than walking through your house and having someone point out all the crap that needs to go! We actually have to do less than I thought we would. We need to power wash and stain the deck and do something with the front of the house. All stuff we were planning on doing anyway. We also need to put some furniture and other stuff in storage because we just have too much stuff (hence the need for a bigger house). Any tips on getting the house ready to sell or on living in it while it's on the market? I think once the house goes on the market, we're going to use paper plates and cups and plastic utensils so that we can keep the kitchen clean. I am the queen of laziness and I despise cleaning the kitchen. I'll do a bathroom any day of the week, but I hate to clean the kitchen, even though I love to cook. Where did all this stuff come from anyway? I sure didn't move in here with this much stuff!
Labels:
moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's tough to listen to but honestly, listening to our agent was the best thing we did. We've sold 2 houses in the last 3 years so I'd be happy to give some tips or help out! Did you guys go to that open house?
If all else fails, get a big dishpan, pile all the dirty dishes in it, and then stick it under the sink when the house is showing. And clean out and reorganize your cabinets and get rid of spices you haven't touched in years and stuff like that. My favorite trick for cleaning up with no notice is to go around with a laundry basket, pitch all the stuff that isn't where it goes into the basket, and then hide it in the laundry room.
Post a Comment